Top Frequently Asked Questions
Q. 1) Is your institute approved by AICTE &/or UGC?.
Q. 2) What is the ranking of your Institute in India?
Ans. The few points given below:
• Sir we have not taken the AICTE approval. There are several reasons behind that.
First of all they have certain norms like to run an institute you should have 5 acres of
land in an urban area or 25 acres in a non urban area.
• Also your classroom size should be this much and you should have a bank balance of 2 crores.
Since we are running distance learning programs what we will do with this much of land.
• Secondly if we take there approval we will lose out on a lot of our strong points.
• In such a case we won’t be able to give 100% assistance.
• As far as UGC is concerned, they give grants to a university and we are not a university.
Ans. Ans. In distance learning mode, we are definitely in top 15.
Q. 3) Why should I go for your Institute instead of a University?
Ans. Sir it’s completely your choice. The benefit that you will get by doing your MBA from our
institute is as follows:
• You can save a lot of time as we give you the fast track option. From a university,
you will have to invest a minimum of 2-3 years whereas from our institute you can finish
the program anytime between 6months to 2 years.
• Being an ISO certified international B-School, we update our study material every 6 months
whereas the universities update the curriculum every 2-3 years.
The curriculum for MBA (any management program) being a professional application based program,
needs to be updated as every now and then a new management style emerges and the old one becomes redundant.
• A University will give an option of 5-6 specializations but we offer you over 100 specializations
Q. 4) Do you provide a degree or a diploma?
Ans. The following points given below:
• Sir management programs are professional courses and the question of a degree does not arise.
• We have courses from diploma to executive level and we provide you with the certificates.
• The degrees can only be provided by the universities and since were a self financed autonomous body,
we cannot provide you with a degree.
Q. 5) But will this certificate be valid in govt jobs as I think they need the candidate to be a
MBA from an AICTE approved university only?
Ans. The following points are given below:
• Sir I can assure you that this certificate will be valid anywhere as far as jobs are concerned.
• If you allow me to send you a copy of our prospectus, you will find a list of people who have finished
their program from our institute and many of them are in govt sector
• For the past 7 years many of our students have applied for the govt job after
our course and they have been selected.
Q. 6) Can I go for an extra specialization?
Ans. Yes sir you can go for as many specializations as you want.
You have to pay Rs. 5000/- extra per specialization.
Q. 7) When did your institute start?
Ans. It was established in 2003.
Q. 8) How many students have done their MBA from your institute?
Ans. Approximately 30000 (Indian and Overseas students.
Q. 9) After submitting my papers, in how many days would the results be declared and when will I get the certificates?
Ans. After submitting your papers, you shall receive your certificates in 21 working days.
Q. 10) In how many days would I get my study material?
Ans. After enrollment you will receive your study material in 15 working days.
Q. 11) How many specialization do you offer?
Ans. We offer more than 100 specializations, hence we have a course for almost everyone.
Q. 12) You said I can give my exams sitting at home. Doesn’t that mean I can cheat and write my papers?
Ans. The following points are given below:
• Sir as I told you the question papers that we send you are in the form of live and practical
case studies and not the direct theoretical questions where you can open the book and copy.
In case studies you have to present yourself in a given situation.
• MBA is a application based program where our aim is to make sure that you handle the situations in
your professional as well as personal life better. Generally also if you face a particular situation,
where you do not know the solution, what do you do?
• You consult your colleagues, your books, you
friends and then you learn to handle that situation.
In this case also if to answer the question if you are taking anybody’s help, you are learning something.
• Even IIM’s, IIT’s have started this unique examination style called Open Book Test system.
Q. 13) Is your MBA equivalent to a MBA from a university?
Ans. If you are talking about the validity then it is equivalent. But in terms of the course curriculum
I would say our MBA would be a little better as we update our curriculum every 6 months as compared to
universities 2-3 years.
COME LET US BUILD A PROSPEROUS NEW WORLD TOGETHER. Team Himalayan Institute of Management & Technology